Monday, May 29, 2017

A Letter From MJ

Dear band students and parents of CHHS,
    
     Most of you have already heard, but I will not be coming back next year to teach at Copper Hills.  The reasons aren't that important but you should know that it is a good move for me and the right one.  I am, of course, incredibly sad to be leaving Copper Hills and have really struggled with this decision.  I realize this move will probably leave you with questions.
    The first thing you should know is that I'm working with the administration to find an excellent replacement for myself.  I'm not sure about the details of the interview process because the job will not even be listed until tomorrow.  Once I know the details you will hear.  I am hopeful that some of the potential candidates I've discovered will get the job - there are highly qualified candidates out there and I'm determined to find one of them to take this growing and developing program to new heights.
   The second thing I will address is summer band.  Again, I'm not sure what is going to happen because it all depends on who we get and how fast they can get here.  For sure summer band will not happen the first week of June.  We may have to delay it further, as well.  If that happens I will let you know.
   Other than that, all you really need to know is that things will continue as planned.  The new director will definitely make changes, but no major changes for now.  9th graders will still march, the band boosters will still continue forward, and CHHS will still continue getting bigger and better.  For all other questions, feel free to e-mail me at jerusha.johnson@jordandistrict.org.
   Thank you for the most wonderful 3 years of my life.  I will never forget my time at Copper Hills, nor any of the students, parents, staff, teachers, and administrators I worked with.  I consider myself the luckiest person on the planet.

Sincerely,
Miss Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment